When you walk into our beautifully decorated office, full of kid-friendly furniture, games, books, and toys, you and your child will feel at home. Your child is welcome to enjoy Disney movies and video games while they wait, or climb in the tree house. Parents are free to sit back, relax, enjoy a cup of coffee or connect to the internet via our free Wi-Fi. Our friendly doctors and staff are trained to work with you and your child to form a special bond that will last throughout their years. We are always willing to answer all of your questions while we monitor your child’s growth and development. We will accentuate the importance of good oral health, treat their dental challenges, and provide a trusted place in times of dental emergencies.
Your child’s first visit by one-year-old will allow us to begin this special relationship by introducing them to our dental team and discussing with you proper infant oral health. We will start early to teach you and your child the lifelong dental habits you need to prevent tooth decay and maintain a healthy mouth.
EARLY DENTAL CARE
EARLY DENTAL CARE
Although the primary teeth aren't permanent, they still play a vital role in your child's development and need to be cared for accordingly - primary teeth help your child learn proper chewing, swallowing, and speaking habits, and also help with jaw development and guide the permanent teeth into place around age 6.
Accordingly, babies who prematurely lose teeth or have missing teeth may require a space maintainer to hold space for the permanent tooth. Without proper space maintenance, tooth alignment can be an issue for the eruption of the permanent teeth. Another important aspect of the primary teeth is that in caring for them, your child learns proper oral hygiene habits. Forming these habits early on significantly lowers your child's chance for dental problems later on.
MINIMALLY INVASIVE TREATMENT
Icon treatment is a new way our pediatric dentists can help stop the progression of an early cavity and help smiles last longer. Cavities are the result of acids in your mouth. These acids suck the calcium out of a tooth and deteriorate teeth. Icon flows into the tiny pores in tooth enamel then fills and reinforces that enamel. This stops the outer progression of the cavity.
Some of the main advantages for kids receiving early dental care with Icon treatment include:
- Preserving Healthy Tooth Structure - By treating small early cavities before they have a chance to develop, it eliminates the need for drilling away tooth decay. This leaves more healthy tooth structure intact.
- Improved Lifespan Of Teeth - Icon treatment prevents cavities from advancing on to later stages, meaning your child’s teeth don’t suffer as much damage as they would have. As a result, they have a smile that will last much longer.
- Pain Free - Icon treatment does not require a numbing procedure, since it is simple, fast, and comfortable.
SILVER DIAMINE FLOURIDE
A new, painless, safe, fast, and affordable way to treat cavities.
What is SDF?
- SDF is a clear liquid that, when painted onto a cavity, kills bacteria and hardens the remaining tooth to prevent the cavity from growing.
- No shots of local anesthetic required
- No drilling
- 1-2 minute procedure (similar to applying fluoride varnish)
- Approved by FDA for use in the US in 2014 and has been used by other countries for more than 80 years without a single adverse event being recorded.
- Contraindications: Patients with silver allergy or active ulcerations in mouth
- Risks: Can cause temporary gum irritation and reversible staining of soft tissue
FINANCIAL & INSURANCE
Our APDO business staff will work with you to develop a financial plan for the orthodontic treatment you need that will fit within your budget. We can set up automatic deductions from your credit card or bank account.
- Insurance. APDO accepts most major dental insurances. You are responsible for informing us of any changes to your insurance coverage. Our staff will file claims on your behalf and work with your insurance company to make sure that you and your children are receiving the maximum benefits allowed by your insurance company.
- Health Savings or Flex Spending Account. If you utilize one of these specialized health accounts, we will work with you to access those funds and follow the guidelines they require.
- No-Interest Financing. In some instances, APDO is able to finance your orthodontic treatment and will work with you to set up a plan and payment schedule that can work within your budget.
- Up-Front Discounts. We offer a discount for patients who are able to pay in full at the beginning of their braces or Invisalign treatment.
- Credit Cards. APDO accepts all major credit cards for payment of orthodontics.
- Cash/Checks. Of course, APDO will gladly accept your cash, check or money order.